The latest home security options are becoming increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to forget to complete basic security tasks like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Long Beach, you can just leave the house and make your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Long Beach For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary along the perimeter of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you go past the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your property, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Long Beach. When you download the mobile app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular equipment activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your security camera senses unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Long Beach
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (562) 203-6338 or complete the following form to start designing your perfect security system.