How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Long Beach
Security cameras can simply be installed as a hindrance—something that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come armed with a number of additions all built to enable comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detectors, these additions empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Long Beach.
How To Set Up Your Long Beach Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing them in the best areas within your house. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your patio, drive, and patio, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that aren’t quite as vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your guests needs to be a primary concern before mounting a camera in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Long Beach. The features listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your mobile device whenever abnormal activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually speak to people through the device. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a security camera can see, and allows for a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that have a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and overlook animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Long Beach is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (562) 203-6338 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your home security system today.