Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Long Beach
You know you have to protect your home. After all, it offers shelter for your family and is where you keep your possessions. But what type of home protection is best? Figuring out if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief choices you will make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Long Beach and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a professional monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at any moment. If a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring professionals receive a prompt warning. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and send the applicable emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t have a backup team. You could think of this choice as self-monitored, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to respond to remedy the situation. This option is the less expensive route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Long Beach
Here’s a quick look at the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, not awake, or don’t have your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line components and seamless integration: When you get tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across on your own.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Many people would rather have the job completed by qualified experts, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This may be acceptable for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Long Beach
Here’s a brief rundown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some might think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an installation expense. Other residents might wish to use an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to incorporate components when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you may find integrating into a seamless system more challenging.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security alert? This situation equates to more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the install, you might have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Long Beach
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Long Beach from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the ideal solution for your family. Call (562) 203-6338 today to customize your package.